As a Meridian employee, you are recognized as both an individual and as a member of our strong team. If you would like to become part of a company committed to your career success, then we at Meridian would like to hear from you.
How we work
At Meridian we believe LEAN THINKING is the most efficient and creative way to approach a project. Our clients have learned to expect this. If you are a creative thinker who values excellence, we would love to talk with you.
Current Open Positions
At Meridian Structural Engineers, we are always looking for qualified people to add to our team. We currently have two available positions. Please fill out the form below and we will contact you if your qualifications meet our needs.
Meridian Structural Engineers is looking for a skilled Senior Structural Engineer who has experience with CLT and podium structures. This position encompasses structural engineering design and management of a wide variety of projects. We are determined to find an engineer who will be an asset to our team, our clients, and our growing business.
- Prepare construction reports and drawings
- Process and analyzing data
- Structural design and analysis of timber, masonry, steel and concrete structures
- Field investigation of existing structures/facilities
- Prepare structural engineering permit packages
- Communicate and work well with clients, engineering staff and building departments
- Expertise in California Building Code and Code Referenced Standards such as ASCE 7-10; AISC 325, 341, 360; ACI 318-14; NDS 2015
- Strong skills in engineering platforms including ACAD, RISA program suite, ETABS, Enercalc and other various related Engineering software.
- Experience with low and midrise commercial buildings; timber framed, and Podium structures preferred.
- DSA and OSHPD experience preferred
- 7+ years’ experience required
- P.E. required; S.E. preferred
Meridian Structural Engineers is looking for a part-time to full-time Structural Drafter with two to five years of AutoCAD and REVIT experience. The position entails working with the engineering staff, communicating in a professional manner and having an overall positive attitude towards daily challenges of working in a fast paced deadline oriented design office. This position has the potential of working into a CAD manager position.
- Develop structural drawings
- Prepare general documents
- Create and maintain AutoCAD detail libraries
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience and training in AutoCAD
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- 2+ years’ experience required
- Experience with Revit a plus